Good hand hygiene practices are vital to workplace safety with handwashing is the most important step to ensuring the reduction of harmful germs present in the workplace.
When should you wash your hands?
- Before you start work in the kitchen at the beginning of a shift.
- Before handling food in the storage, processing or serving steps.
- Before and after handling raw food, salads etc.
- Immediately after smoking, coughing, sneezing, using a handkerchief or tissue.
- After eating or drinking.
- After touching hair, scalp or a body opening.
- After your breaks, before recommencing food handling tasks.
- After using the toilet.